- Over 14 years experience in the scheduling and specification of repair works to a considerable range of historic buildings e.g. timber framing, stonework, brickwork, fine joinery, metalwork and roofing materials.
- Independent Condition Surveys
- Expert advice on the use of traditional materials, for example lime mortars.
- Practical advice on prioritisation of repair works depending on budgets and accessibility etc.
- Ability to work with specialist contractors
- Advice on maintenance regimes.
- Pro-active suggestions on sensitively integrating upgrading measures such as insulation and fire-proofing
Examples of previous experience of scheduling of repairs (all at Donald Insall Associates): Lion Salt Works (Northwich), Chester Station, 17th Century fire damaged house in Wiltshire, Chester Water Tower (part of the Portico project), Pulford Church , Taylors Boatyard (Chester), Knutsford Crown Court and Halton Castle.